Monday, December 14, 2009

Storytelling

12/14/09




I don’t know what the fuck is happening. I woke up at five this morning with the urge to end everything. I’m not going to. I just felt like I should. Maybe it’s time to go back on the meds. I don’t really want to do that either, but at least it might the highs and lows. I am tired of being extremely depressed or extremely happy. There has to be a middle ground.

I really don’t feel like being here today. I really don’t feel like being at the apartment. One more week of work then its vacation time, with the exception of one day, I will be spending the week alone, another drawback to living far away from your friends.

Last Thursday my kids had a choir concert. I went to it and sat next to Dawn, we talked and played nice, we joked around and it was like old times. It killed me a little, pretending to be happy, showing her that I can be a friend. The truth is I was miserable. You would smile at me, I’d smile back. I told you I missed you. You said I know. I put my head on your shoulder and you leaned you head on mine. We took a picture. Our last picture together. The concert was over. We hugged and went our separate ways. Our last embrace. I’m going to remember that moment forever.







1985



I had to do a book report in Mrs. Perez’s English class. I was supposed to make a poster showing my interpretation of the story. I bought the poster board. That’s as far as I went. The night before it was due I drew a boy leaning against a palm tree on it. I drew clouds and rain. I wrote across the top “Billy at Sea.” I made up an authors name. On the back we were supposed to write a summary of the story. I wrote. “Billy falls off a boat swims to an island. He makes it”

I had to get up in front of the class and give a presentation to the class on my report. I made up the story as I went along. I told them how Billy was tossed overboard for being a stowaway. How he swan to shore avoiding sharks. He collected wood and made a shelter. How he lived off crab and coconuts. He was rescued by a French fishing boat that had stopped on the island to get water. Billy got back to California and wrote his story and became a hero.

Everybody in the class loved it. They complimented my drawing. They told me that that book sounded awesome. I didn’t bother t tell anyone that I made the whole damn thing up. I got an A.

This wasn’t the first time I did this. In fifth grade I made up a book called “Driving” by Alan Zworn. I took a shoe box, painted mountains on the bottom of it. Turned the box on its side, stuck a model car in it and I had a diorama. I made up a story about driving through the Alps. I got an A.



I’m such a liar.

2 comments:

  1. If you need the meds go get them! I would hate not to have your wonderful stories to read, because you felt so bad you couldn't live. Seriously...go get some meds. What you are going through sucks and it won't hurt to have a little help. We both know what depression can do to a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to follow through on your lies. That's some pretty advanced story telling, you must be a writer!

    (PS Life is a good amount of middle. If you're only having highs and lows right now, meds might be just the thing. Be careful on vacation. Holidays can be brutal).

    ReplyDelete