Sunday, December 13, 2009

And so i am a writer.

Is this another silly dream, this writing? Everything I ever wanted to do I told no. When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut. I was told I was too stupid to do that. As a teenager I wanted to be a racecar driver. No, I would just kill myself.  Shut up and work at the grocery store my mom told me, lesson learned, I never set any goals. I never dreamed of a better future. I figured I was just a cog and accept it.
Now I am trying to be a writer. I figure the first step was to start calling myself a writer. So here I am a writer. It’s a new dream, but I am going to go with it. I am going to see this out. If I am successful, awesome, if I fail, at least I can say I tried.
I took the kids to an art museum yesterday. Standing at looking at works of art by Picasso and Pollock, I realized that these great men did it. They did what they love and didn’t let anybody stop them. I was inspired. I will do this. I will be successful. I will live my dream for once. I will not let anyone stop me. I will continue doing this. As long as one person likes what I do, and I can touch someone with this, I will be a success.

2 comments:

  1. We are not bound by past beliefs or behaviors. Before you drew extreme conclusions, you have the ability to understand reality quite different now.

    All it takes to be a writer is to write. You are already a success.

    "As long as one person likes what I do..." The only person that matters is you.

    Write On!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so proud of you! it's great to see you doing what you do! From a fellow artist, just keep doin' it!

    ReplyDelete