Saturday, January 2, 2010

What are we gonna do now?/James is a cult hero.

First thing this morning I had an appointment with my therapist. She asked about me and my friends and said I'm doing better. I asked about the Lithium, She said it seems to be working. So I'm going to stick with it. I've been in a good mood all day long so I guess it is working. She asked for a sample of my writing. I printed out about half this blog till I ran out of ink. I know I ask people to read this all the time, but when I know they are actually reading it I feel weird. The other day my sister and her husband insisted on reading this while I was at there house. I couldn't take it and had to go outside till they were done.
I had a bit of closure today. I went and visited the people at my old job. I was fired on a day off, so I never had a chance to say goodbye to anyone. I miss everyone there. It was the only place I have ever worked where we all got along. When I was there today, it was almost like I still worked there. Nothing really changed. Some of the faces are different and the place had been renovated, but it was like I never left. We stood around and told stories.
After that I went to the library and got a few books. Nothing interesting happened there so that's all I'm going to say about that.
I had a shrimp burrito and chicken nachos for lunch. I had to send it back three times. I ordered the food with no tomatoes. Every time they brought my food out, it was smothered in tomatoes. After the third try, they got it right.
Came home and responded to some emails. I chatted for a bit with my friend Jamie. Responded to a few more emails and watched The Departed. And that brings us to now.
It's been a good day. I didn't think about the ex, I didn't get sad. It was a really normal day actually. I like days like that, I miss normal.
Someone paid me a compliment today. He said "James, you're going to be a cult icon someday."
Everybody laughed at that, but it felt awesome to hear that.


1 comment:

  1. Ok see I need to read things in chronological order. Damn.

    How totally weird to have people read your intensely personal stuff in front of you. See, I like a good anonymous blog. I have oodles of respect for you for putting it out there.

    I wonder which cult!

    ReplyDelete