Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Twenty years

I was asked by and old friend I haven’t spoken to or seen in twenty years, “So, what have you been up to?”


So, here you go. What I’ve been doing for the last twenty years



Got my GED

Took flying lessons

Discovered I was colorblind and had to stop flying

Went back to school

Went to racing school

Made a few friends

Did a lot of drugs

Moved from friends house to friends house

Joined the Air Force

Went to Texas for Basic Training

Started Tech School in Sheppard Air Force Base

Moody Air Force base Georgia for six months

Flew back to Ridgecrest for vacation, no one had changed

Three hell filled years in Fairbanks Alaska

Thrown out of the Air Force for writing some bad checks

Three months in Federal Prison for the bad checks. (200 dollars worth by the way)

Moved back to Ridgecrest

Realized I will never find work in Ridgecrest

Moved in with my father in Long Beach

Met a girl named Tamara

Got married

Moved to Las Vegas

Back to Ridgecrest

Tamara leaves on my birthday

Shot in the head with a BB on same birthday

Spent the rest of the night in the emergency room

Stayed with Don and Christy for a few weeks

Didn’t like living in their garage

Divorce final

Move back to Long Beach with my dad and his fifth wife

Start work at a record store

Met Dawn

Married Dawn on a whim one month later

Had two daughters

Fired from record store

Start work at another record store

Become assistant manager

Get fired again

Decide to get a big boy job

Work at a mail order pharmacy on permanent temporary status

Get fired because I had to stay home with sick kids

Decide I don’t want to be a complete failure and decide to learn a trade

Attend truck driving school. I like to travel and I get paid. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

I hate it

I drove to New York, ate a hot dog and leave again

Start a job with a hazardous waste pick up company

Worked 13-17 hours a day for two years

Quit that job and started working on the Goodyear blimp

I loved it

Stayed there for two years and was fired for being a stupid liar

Dawn was laid off two days before that

Applied for welfare so the kids would be insured

We both find new jobs within a week

Been here three and a half years now

Dawn wants out

I’m sad but understand

I move out

I met one special friend who helps pull me out of my depression

Got the divorce papers last Saturday

I’m cool with it


 A brief glimpse at the past twenty years.

1 comment: