Monday, February 15, 2010

My Bloody Valentine

Got a little sad this weekend, not because of Valentines Day and the fact that I’m newly single, that didn’t really bother me too much. Saturday night I was watching The Simpsons with my girls. The first episode that Dawn and I watched together came on. She was sick and lay in my lap wrapped up in a blanket with her head on my chest. I had my arms wrapped around her and watched the show while smelling her hair. I loved the smell of her hair. I loved the way it tickled my chin. She dozed off giving little contended sighs every now and then. I started thinking of that moment and how happy it made me feel. I started to think that right now she’s probably watching some show cuddling with her boyfriend. I asked Gracie to turn it off and change the DVD. She asked why so I told her. I’m honest with her about this whole thing. She pressed stop and kissed my cheek. We watched a few more episodes and went to bed.




Lithium update:

The Dr. increased my dosage. I told her that I don’t expect to be happy all the time, she asked me to try the new dosage just for awhile. Sure.



Writing update:

Three more rejection letters in the email today, I’ve come to expect them, even look forward to them, the positive aspects of negative thinking.

I’m thinking of doing some spoken word pieces; maybe have my friend play his guitar while I read. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of you reading to the sound of a guitar...I can picture you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the thought of you reading to the sound of a guitar..I can picture you..

    ReplyDelete